Most people living with sickle cell have no idea that “Coconut Water” can just about instantly hydrate you when you have reached the point of dehydration…
Some of you even reach for the sports drinks or your favorite sugar filled substance. But for me Coconut water has been my #1 choice to hydrate my body in a fast way. So with that said here is just a small glimpse as to what the health benefits are…
Health Benefits of Coconut Water
“It’s a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It’s the
fluid of life, so to speak.” In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used
coconut water siphoned directly from the nut to give emergency plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers.
Most coconut water is still consumed fresh in tropical coastal areas – once exposed to air, the liquid rapidly
loses most of its organoleptic and nutritional characteristics, and begins to ferment.
• Coconut Water is more nutritious than whole milk – Less fat and no cholesterol.
• Coconut Water is more healthy than orange juice – Much lower calories.
• Coconut Water is better than processed baby milk – It contains lauric acid, which is present in human
• Coconut water is naturally sterile. Water permeates though the filtering husk.
• Coconut water is a universal donor. It is identical to human blood plasma.
• Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage – The same level that we have in our blood.
• Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries thru Coconut IV.
“Coconut water is the very stuff of Nature, biologically Pure, full of Natural Sugars, Salts, and Vitamins to
ward off fatigue and is the next wave of energy drinks BUT natural”, according to Mortin Satin, Chief of the
United Nation’s Food & Agriculture Organization.
Over the past few months I have also realized when I began to feel slight sickle cell pain a few cups of coconut water usually stops the crisis…Now please understand I am not stating this will happen to everyone, but it sure couldnt hurt to try it and see what it does for you health wise. So grab you a glass and drink up!! ((Trader Joe’s)) is where I usually stock up on 11.2 sizes~~